-Are you unhappy with your weight?
-Have you been unsuccessful in your efforts to lose weight or keep the weight off?
-Have you undergone bariatric surgery, but fear you may fall back into old habits?
-Do you use food to feel better, to escape from your problems, or to cope?
You are not alone! For many people it’s not about willpower– it’s about addiction. 95% of diets and weight-loss programs fail because they don’t treat addiction and its underlying causes; Lifestyle Transformation does.
Am I a Food Addict?
Take our quiz to discover if Lifestyle Transformation can help you live a more enjoyable, confident life, free from food addiction
1) Do you feel uncomfortable, embarrassed, guilty, or depressed about your physical appearance, your weight, or your eating habits?
2) Have you ever felt powerless in achieving a healthy weight because you have been unsuccessful in your previous attempts to lose weight permanently?
3) Do you resort to compulsive or emotional eating to escape from problems, boredom, to relieve anxiety, or to cope with stress?
4) Have you ever tried to stop or limit some aspect of your compulsive-eating behaviors, but have failed in your attempts?
5) Have you ever said, "This is the last time I'll ever do that!" and yet continued to do it repeatedly in spite of the potential consequences?
6) Do you often find yourself preoccupied or obsessed with thoughts about eating or about food? Is it a struggle to stop thinking about food?
7) Have your eating behaviors resulted in physical complications such as heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, or other life-threatening illnesses?
If you answered yes to one or more of these questions, Lifestyle Transformation can help.
Lifestyle Transformation is an out-patient treatment program designed to assist individuals struggling with compulsive eating to develop a healthy relationship with food. Effective therapy addresses the underlying issues in creating a permanent lifestyle change.
Give us a call today at 410-921-9004 or send us an email to start living the life you deserve!
The Lifestyle Transformation program is divided into the following 3 phases, led by trained therapists with a group of participants in the same situation:
PHASE 1: A PERSONAL TRANSFORMATION A series of 6 classes. Learn about the underlying issues associated with food addiction and develop a Plan of Action for the work ahead. Spouses/Partners may attend at no additional cost.
PHASE 2: IMPLEMENTING CHANGE Weekly Group therapy begins. Focus is on the work of transformation (facing issues, dealing with barriers, breaking down old habits and building a healthier lifestyle). Meet monthly with a therapist, individually or as a couple, to face and overcome your struggles.
PHASE 3: MOVING FORWARD Continue group and individual work to solidify change and maintain the new habits and patterns you have established. Develop a Relapse Prevention Plan to sustain your Transformation as you leave the program.
AFTER CARE Provides the option for continued Group Therapy for those individuals who would like to extend their Lifestyle Transformation program beyond the 18 months. After Care begins after completion of the 3-Step program at an additional cost.
Start your new path in life and be the change today!
Click here to view and print forms for your appointment.